Scroll to top

Village Bell 227

Village Bell 227

March 2022

A selection of articles:

Our first St John's Church

In the early years of settlement in Upper Beaconsfield, church services were held in private homes. In 1883 the South Bourke and Mornington Journal reported that Mrs Lawes, who lived in St Georges Road, near today’s Scout Camp, had lent a room in her home for the purpose of holding Church of England services twice a month.
See page 15.

A copper embossing of the old St John’s Church by Betty Pritchard